I am just a regular gal who loves to cook and bake…ESPECIALLY for friends and family. Self taught, and still learning, I spend most of my spare time in the kitchen. You can visit Joni at her website Just The Food.
Bakin and Egg Breakfast Burger
Joni Marie Newman likes this on the go on a whole wheat bun or an English Muffin or bagel, with a slice of soy cheeze or a little vegan garlic mayo. On the go, I like this on a whole wheat bun or an English Muffin or bagel, with a slice of soy cheeze or a little vegan garlic mayo. At home I add a side of hash browns or home fries. Serve on toast, an English muffin, a bagel, or even a bun. Garnish with your favorite breakfast toppings (think omelet here: diced and grilled peppers and onions, salsa, Smart Bacon, ketchup, avocado, spinach…)
- Yield: 4 patties.
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 block (12 ounces) of extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup Imitation Bacon Bits (Store bought or homemade-see “Makin Fakin Bakin” video)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying
- After pressing your tofu, crumble it into a large mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients up to the flour. Knead in the flour a little bit at a time. Depending on how much moisture was left in your tofu, you may need a little, or you may need a lot. Knead the heck out of this until you get a nice ball of dough (at least 5 minutes.) Let sit for at least 15 minutes to rest (refrigerated or not, shouldn’t matter.) Divide dough into 4 equal parts and form into patties. Pan fry in oil about 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until nice and golden brown. Makes 4 patties.