Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Julie’s Blueberry Sauce
When you need something special to top your pancakes or waffles with, this sauce is your answer. You can also use this sauce for topping ice cream or cheesecake.
- Category: Syrup
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup water, plus another tablespoon or two as needed
- 2 to 3 tbsp granulated sugar, or more to taste
- 1 tbsp Instant Clearjel
- A couple pinches of ground nutmeg
- In a glass bowl or measuring cup, stir together blueberries and water. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and Instant Clearjel until well mixed.
- Start whisking the blueberry mixture with one hand, while you add the sugar mixture with the other. Whisk until smooth. Sauce will thicken further as it sits. If too thick, stir in another tablespoon or two of water, or as needed. Adjust sugar to taste.
Copyright © 2009 Julie Hasson