Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Chocolate Cream Pie with Meringue
This is one dreamy pie! The chocolate crumb crust, cream filling and marshmallowy meringue topping is to-die-for. I bet you can’t eat just one piece! The meringue topping on this pie is like a soft marshmallow top.
- Category: Pie
- 2 cups soymilk, divided
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp Instant Clearjel
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 prepared Chocolate Crumb Crust (see recipe)
- 1 recipe marshmallow meringue, for topping (see recipe)
- In a large glass measure cup or bowl, heat one cup of the soymilk in microwave for 1 minute. Add cocoa powder, whisking until mixed. Add remaining soymilk and vanilla. Using a stick blender, blend mixture until well smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and Instant Clearjel. Add to milk mixture, blending really well with stick blender until smooth. Spread pudding mixture into prepared crust. Refrigerate pie while you make the meringue topping.
- Prepare meringue topping mixture according to recipe, and spread on top of pudding mixture. If not serving pie right away, refrigerate until ready to serve. This pie is best served the same day that it is made.
Copyright © 2009 Julie Hasson