Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.comPrint
Chocolate Orange Capuccino Cookies
This cookie recipe is my son’s all-time favorite. They’re quick to mix together, and freeze really well. I bet you can’t eat just one!
- Yield: 28 large cookies 1x
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed), preferably golden
- 6 tbsp hot water
- 3–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee
- 1 Tbsp finely ground espresso
- 1–1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp finely ground salt
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2–1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- About 1/3 cup soymilk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp orange oil, optional
- 2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned)
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl, whisk together flax meal and hot water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, coffee powder, espresso, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl of stand mixer, beat together oil and brown sugar. Add egg replacer and vanilla, beating until smooth. Add the flour mixture to oil mixture, beating just until mixed. Add soymilk, beating until mixed. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Scoop mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets, press tops of cookies with hand to flatten into a disc and bake in preheated oven for 14 minutes, or until puffed and light golden brown (but still soft to the touch). Let cookies cool on baking sheet completely before removing.
Copyright © 2009 Julie Hasson