Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Creamy Rice Pudding
Sometimes only rich and creamy desserts will do. That’s when I pull out my pot and put up a pot of rice pudding. If you can find the Living Harvest® brand of Hemp milk, it’s simply delicious in this pudding! If you can’t find it in your local health food store, you can substitute another non-dairy Julie’s Creamy Rice Pudding.
- Yield: 6 - 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup medium grain Cal Rose Rice
- 1–1/2 to 2 cups plain or vanilla hemp milk (preferably Living Harvest brand) or soy or hazelnut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- Freshly ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- n a saucepan over medium heat, combine water and rice and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar to cooked rice, stirring well. Return saucepan to stove. Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, for 15 to 20 minutes or until very thick and creamy. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla paste. Let rice pudding cool slightly before serving. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon before serving.
© Copyright 2006, Julie Hasson