Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
This cornbread is delicious, and perfect served along side soup or chili. I love it topped with a little Earth Balance and a squirt of agave nectar. Now you can have your GF cornbread and eat it too!
- Yield: 9 1x
- 1–1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1–1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups soy or other nondairy milk
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Grease an 8″ glass square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, oil and agave nectar. Add milk mixture into dry ingredients, stirring just until mixed. If mixture is too thick to stir, add another couple tablespoons milk, or as needed. This is a fairly thick batter. Scrape batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake until top is nicely browned and a tester inserted in center comes out clean. This may take 45 to 50 minutes, but I can’t say for sure.
Copyright © 2009 Julie Hasson