You can find out more about Annie & Dan by visiting Meet The Shannons.
After years and years of scrambling my tofu, I get pretty excited about new way of making “eggs” for breakfast. Just the idea of French-style or fold-over omelet puts a big smile on my face. You may even want to have these for lunch!
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 9 mins
- Total Time: 16 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (14 oz) package tofu
- 1 Tbs soy coffee creamer
- 2 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp miso paste
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp Bragg liquid amions
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 C raw baby spinach leaves
- 3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 C kalamata olives, pitted, drained and halved
- 1 tsp fresh oregano leaves
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Daiya vegan mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbs vegan feta cheese
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- red pepper flakes to sprinkle over the top
- Place all of the ingredients for the omelet into a food processor and blend until you get a smooth paste.
- Preheat you pan on medium heat and grease with oil or margarine. Pour the omelet paste into the pan and spread to an even layer like a pancake. Fry for 5 to 8 minutes. Look to the edges for a slightly golden brown color.
- Place all of the filling ingredients on 1/2 of the omelet. Flip the empty omelet side over. Remove from pan and plate. Enjoy!
From the cookbook Betty Goes Vegan
500 Classic Recipes for the Modern Family
Annie & Dan Shannon