Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.comPrint
Julie’s Best Oatmeal Cookies
Julie Hasson’s favorite oatmeal cookie.
- Category: Dessert
- 3–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1–1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 sticks Earth Balance or other non-hydrogenated margarine, softened
- 2–1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- Egg replacer for 1 egg, mixed with necessary water according to package directions (I like Bob’s Red Mill Brand)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats (old fashioned)
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 cup (or more) dried cranberries or cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl of stand mixer, beat together margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add mixed egg replacer and vanilla, beating until smooth. Add the flour mixture to butter mixture, bating just until mixed. Add the oats, beating until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Scoop mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets, press tops of cookies with hand to flatten into a disc and bake in preheated oven for 14 to 15 minutes, or until puffed and light golden brown (but still soft to the touch). Let cookies cool on baking sheet completely before removing.
- Copyright © 2006 Julie Hasson