Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Julie’s Caramel Sauce
Totally awsome vegan caramel sauce. Need we say more? It’s the bomb!
- Category: Dessert
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup soy creamer
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar and cornstarch until well mixed. Add the corn syrup, salt and soy creamer, whisking until smooth.
- Over medium high heat, bring the sugar mixture to a simmer, whisking continuously, for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. If caramel is too thick, you can add another tablespoon or two of creamer.
- Pour the hot caramel into a heat-safe canning jar. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Cover and refrigerate any left over caramel. Simple heat the caramel in the canning jar until the caramel has softened.
Copyright © 2010 Julie Hasson