Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Julie’s Coconut Macaroons
This is famous macaroon recipe, gone vegan! They’re awesome and super easy to make. For an even extra special treat, melt dark chocolate and dip the bottoms of the macs.
- Yield: 12 1x
- 3 cups lightly packed shredded coconut (sweetened)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut, sugar, flour and potato starch, blending well. Add coconut milk and vanilla, mixing well until coconut is well coated.
- Scoop cookie batter onto prepared cookie sheets and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned and toasty. Remove tray from oven and let cookies cool completely on baking sheet.
Copyright © 2009 Julie Hasson