Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Julie’s Homemade Maple Syrup
With the rising cost of maple syrup these days, this is the perfect solution. It’s unbelievably delicious, with a rich maple flavor.
- Yield: 2 C 1x
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar (light or medium), preferably organic
- 1 tbsp Instant Clearjel
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp pure maple extract (or more to taste)
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together brown sugar and Instant Clearjel until well mixed. Add water, whisking well until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Bring syrup mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat, whisk in maple extract and let cool. Syrup will thicken as it cools. Store syrup in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Copyright © 2010 Julie Hasson