Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Julie’s Luscious Lemon Curd
Lemon curd makes a fabulous filling for cakes, cookies, cupcakes and tarts. Personally, I love to eat it straight out of the bowl with a spoon.
- Yield: 1 C 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp instant clear jel
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy creamer (such as Silk)
- 4 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/8 tsp lemon oil, optional (such as Boyajian brand)
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and Instant Clearjel until well mixed.
- In a large glass measuring cup or medium bowl, combine lemon juice, soy creamer, orange juice and lemon oil.
- Using a stick or hand blender, blend lemon juice mixture. Add sugar mixture and blend until smooth and thick. Set lemon curd aside to thicken for 10 minutes.
- If lemon curd is too thick, thin with an additional tablespoon of orange juice, or as needed. Store lemon curd in a covered container in the refrigerator. If lemon curd looks lumpy, simply whisk it well until smooth.
Tip: Use a food processor for blending lemon curd instead of a stick/hand blender, using directions above.
Copyright © 2009 Julie Hasson