Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.comPrint
Key Lime Cheesecake
If you’ve been craving key lime pie or a rich creamy cheesecake, look no further. This pie combines the best of both desserts, into one luscious pie.
- Yield: 8 - 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Glass 9 1/2-inch pie plate, greased
- 2 cups cookie crumbs (I used animal crackers)
- 3 tbsp Earth Balance margarine, melted
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 8-oz tubs Tofutti cream cheese
- 1 12-3 oz box Mori-Nu firm silken tofu
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp lime oil (I used Boyajian brand)
- Crust: In a large bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, margarine and agave syrup. Press onto bottom and sides of a deep-dish pie plate. Set aside.
- Filling: In bowl of food processor, combine cream cheese, tofu, sugar, lime juice, zest, cornstarch and lime oil. Process until mixture is smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into prepared cookie crust. Place in middle of preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until just lightly golden.
- Remove pie to a rack to cool completely before refrigerating overnight. When pie has had a chance to firm up overnight, slice and serve.
Copyright © 2009 Julie Hasson