Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Mediterranean Pesto Pizza (Gluten-Free)
This pizza is always wildly popular when we entertain. The combination of pesto, olives, tomatoes, garlic and artichokes makes this one stupendous pizza.
- Category: Pizza
- Cuisine: Italian
- Pizza Dough, homemade or storebought
- 1/2 cup Pesto
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and slice in half
- Garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven, preferably with a pizza stone inside, to 500°F for 30 minutes while getting the pizza ready.
- On a lightly floured surface, stretch or roll out your dough into 1 large or two small rounds, as thin as you can get it. Don’t worry if your dough tears. Simply patch it back together with your fingers. Lightly dust with additional flour if dough is too sticky. Try not to use too much, or your crust will be very dry.
- Spread the pesto evenly on the pizza, leaving a ¼ to 1/2-inch border around the edge. Top with the tomato, olives artichoke hearts and garlic.
- Carefully transfer the pizza to the pizza stone, if using. Otherwise, place the pizza on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is nicely browned. If it’s not done, continue baking.
- Top the pizza with whole basil leaves and serve.
Copyright © 2014 Julie Hasson