Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Peach Cobbler Muffins
These muffins are easy to make, and are bursting with flavor from the fresh peaches and cinnamon sugar topping.
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Muffin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden flax meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons soymilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners or grease the pan well with vegetable shortening or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, flax meal, baking powder and salt, mixing well.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the soymilk, canola oil and vanilla, whisking until smooth. Add to the flour mixture, stirring just until mixed. Fold in the peaches. In a small bowl, mix together the 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Sprinkle over the tops of the muffins.
- Scoop the batter into prepared pan, diving the batter evenly among the 12 cups, filling them 3/4 of the way full. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the muffins are puffed and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and remove to a rack to cool to room temperature.
Copyright © 2010 Julie Hasson