Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
This Pineapple Coconut Smoothie always make me feel like I’m in the tropics no matter where I am or what season it is. Add a little rum for that extra kick.
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup refrigerated coconut milk (such as So Delicious) or light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup orange or pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup ice
- about 2 tablespoons agave or organic sugar, or to taste
- In a blender, combine the pineapple, coconut milk, orange juice, and ice, and blend until smooth, thick and creamy. If smoothie is too thick, add a little bit of coconut milk and blend until smooth. If smoothie is not thick enough, add more ice as needed.
- Serve right away. If desired, garnish the smoothie with a sprinkle of sweetened dried coconut.
Copyright © 2013 Julie Hasson