Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Pineapple Coconut Sorbet
A refreshing and creamy sorbet, which is figure-friendly to ‘bout! Look for pineapple coconut juice on the health food aisle of your favorite grocery or health food store.
- Yield: 1 1/4 Quarts 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Ice Cream
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple coconut juice, such as R.W. Knudsen brand, chilled
- 1 cup unsweetened crushed in pineapple juice, undrained and chilled
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Mix together all of the ingredients together.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Serve right away, or transfer to a covered container and freeze until ready to serve.
Tip: To reduce processing time in ice cream maker, make sure that your ingredients are chilled.
*Make sure that your juice only contains about 1 or 2 grams of fat per serving, if you are looking for this to be a lowfat treat.
Copyright © 2010 Julie Hasson