Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
This recipe was inspired by a pumpkin hummus that I tasted at New Season’s Market in Portland, Oregon. I came right home and started playing with the recipe. It’s one of my favorite hummus recipes.
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 7 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Easy
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Pumpkin Hummus
- 2 cups cooked or canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 4 tbsp roasted tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Ground chipotle or pimenton (smoked paprika), to taste
- Salt, to taste
- In bowl of food processor, combine the garbanzo beans and pumpkin, pulsing until mixture is smooth. Add tahini, garlic, lemon juice and cumin pulsing until smooth. Add salt and smoked paprika (or chipotle powder) to taste.
- Serve pumpkin hummus in a bowl, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika (smoked or regular).
- Copyright © 2007 Julie Hasson
appetizer, condiments, hummus, gluten free