Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.comPrint
Julie’s Rustic White Beans with garlic & Rosemary
This dish reminds me of my childhood. It is bursting with a full variety of flavors that I always crave.
- Category: Healthy Beans
- 2 cups dried Great Northern beans, soaked overnight
- 4 to 5 cups water*
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 long sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp dried parsley, divided
- 2 tsp granulated onion
- 3/4 tsp dried sage
- 2 vegan bouillon cubes, preferably mushroom but any will work
- 1 small can diced organic tomatoes, pureed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In pot or pressure cooker, combine soaked beans, water, bay leaf, rosemary, nutritional yeast flakes, half of the dried parsley, granulated onion and the dried sage . Cook at high pressure for 14 minutes. Remove pot from burner and let pressure come down naturally.
- Remove lid and add remaining ingredients. Place pot back and burner and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes, giving flavors a chance to meld. Adjust seasonings to taste, adding salt and pepper as necessary. Remove rosemary twig and bay leaf and serve.
*If you prefer this dish as a thick stew, add 4 to 4 1/2 cups water. If you would like it soupier, add 5 cups water.
Copyright © 2009 Julie Hasson