Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Shredded Soy Curls
Shredded Soy Curls are going to change your life forever! They have the texture of shredded meat, and can be used in any recipe where you want the shredded meat texture. I have only tried it in a Blendtec blender. Unfortunately this won’t work in a food processor (which I tried).
- Category: Shredded meat alternative
- Cuisine: Life changing
- 8 ounces dry Soy Curls
- 2 cups boiling water
- About 1/2 to 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon vegan chicken bouillon (or to taste of another brand)
- In a measuring cup, mix together the bouillon and boiling water.
- In a large bowl, combine the Soy Curls and boiling water mixture. Let sit for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the Soy Curls are rehydrated.
- In the jar of a Blendtec blender (with the Twister jar), fill about 1/3 of the way and pulse until the Soy Curls are well shredded. Other strong blenders should work, but for some reason the Blendtec does a great job shredding the Soy Curls.
- Remove to a large bowl, and do the same with the rest of the Soy Curls until they are all shredded.
Now you can use the shredded Soy Curls in recipes from Taquitos to enchiladas to Barbecue. They can be frozen or refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Copyright © 2015 Julie Hasson