Julie Hasson is the author of 9 cookbooks, including 125 Best Chocolate Chip Recipes, 125 Best Chocolate Recipes, 125 Best Cupcake Recipes and 300 Best Chocolate Recipes, Vegan Diner, Vegan Pizza and Vegan Casseroles. You can visit julie at www.juliehasson.com
Tropical Pina Colada Ice Cream
This vegan ice cream is loads of fun for your palate. Pull out your ice cream machines cause this is so worth the effort!
- Yield: 1 1/4 Quarts 1x
- Category: Ice Cream
- 20 oz can unsweetened pineapple chunks in pineapple juice, undrained
- 14 oz can lite coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp rum
- In jar of blender, combine pineapple (and juice), coconut milk, sugar and rum (if using). Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Serve right away, or transfer to a covered container and freeze until ready to serve.
Tip: To reduce processing time in ice cream maker, make sure that your ingredients are chilled.
Copyright © 2008 Julie Hasson